I'm busy, but don't have much to show. I've been getting things organized and framed (a rare event). Homewood Embroiderer's Guild will be joining Pieces 'n Patches Quilt Guild for a show on October 6 and 7. Website here. I've got a big backlog of unframed pieces. I did a few myself and have some frames on order to do more. I'm having my Japanese Embroidery professionally framed.
If you want to see my stuff, you'll have to come to the show.
In the meantime, I've crocheted more Dalek egg cosies. Here they are, milling about my kitchen. Scary.
My venture into double knitting hit a big snag. I'm knitting in the round on circular needles and at some point on my first attempt, just as I was getting cocky and thinking I had it down, I realized my knitting had gotten twisted (probably after I finished row 1 and began row 2). I had a Mobius strip going. Nice for some cowls, but not for a tea cozy. So I ripped it all out and started over.
I must say I'm happier now. First, it looked huge but when I took it off the needles and measured, it was the right size. Phew! My cast on is much neater (I did a two color cast on!) and I do have the rhythm so it's going pretty quickly now. K2P2 ribbing in double knit! I'm just about back to where I had the alarming discovery.
I've also managed some needlepoint in the evenings and my sunflower is taking shape.