Saturday, August 2, 2014

Back to Flowers and a Blogging Break

It's been an unusually cool and wet summer and the garden is loving it.  I keep picking lettuce for salads and it keeps coming.
This year the phlox are especially abundant and more multicolored than usual--we have every shade from white to deep red violet with many interesting mixtures going on.
Some of the flowers are solid, some have dark centers, and others light centers.
I especially love the hot pinks of the phlox mixed with the oranges of the tiger lilies. They bloom at the same time each year and I rhapsodize about it each year.
We have more pure white ones than usual.
I'm going to have my other knee replaced next week, so I'll be off line for six weeks or so. I hope to get a lot of stitching done while home recuperating--I have my projects all lined up!

3 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Nothing like fresh veggies! I will look forward to seeing you back online.

Aurelia Eglantine said...

I love tiger lilies too, and have never seen them planted with phlox before, but the combination is just gorgeous :) Best of luck with your knee replacement surgery, and many wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Daisy Debs said...

Hope you are feeling better again soon .Glad you,ve got lots of lovely projects to keep you feeling happy .... God Bless x