We had a lovely, quiet Easter. I hope you did, too. I stayed home and stitched and did weekend chores (minimal) and made an Easter pizza.
I tried coloring some muslin I had handy in the Easter egg dye. The dip and tie dyed cloth pieces came out beautiful until I rinsed them to remove the vinegar. The blues and greens were all fugitive. The tie-dye below was originally bright blue and purple. I think the pink could grow on me, though. (muslin folded and wrapped with twisty-ties and rubber bands before dipping into leftover Paas Easter egg dyes)
My dyeing was very, very casual. I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that the muslin was washed. I probably should have pressed them with a hot iron before rinsing but I couldn't stand the vinegar smell from the dyes. Much more interesting was the rag I've been using when I painted or stenciled in my journal. When I was pressing my pink muslin, I gave this one a press, too. I think I'll retire it to use as a background for something and start a new "paint rag" for the journal. (acrylic paints, stencil paints, medium and gesso on muslin)