Thursday, July 30, 2009

family reunion of a sort

A friend gave me this object on Saturday from his garden (along with lovely basil and rosemary). We decided it looked very much like Gonzo the Great from the Muppets, taken a Tim Burton turn. (a rather dark and scary Gonzo). I brought him to our reunion Sunday.
Our family reunion was Sunday. Kind of. My brother and his wife (c&n), my husband and I (m&s) had a lovely time with my sister and her husband (k&d). No one else came.

We sat on my sister's generous and shady porch. She trimmed negatives and put them in sleeves, N was knitting a lace shawl, and both helped me wind wool into balls and get going on an entrelac felted bag project from my stash. (My colors aren't pictured here--I'll get a photo when I can--but they're beige, tan, lt. gray, pale green and pale blue, I think--I'm only working with the tan so far.)The guys went out in the boat for a river cruise. Here they are after they've docked and are chatting in the boat.We had our usual eclectic food... I brought tortilla chips and salsa, cherries, a birthday cake (bought) for my sister, and Gonzo the eggplant, which we baked and spread onto good bread. c&n brought bean burritos and amazing brownies and a huge cabbage which is now in my 'fridge, k&d had strawberries and more chips and salsa (were we in tune or what?). So, we had a good day and a big raspberry to all the party poopers who didn't come. (so there!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that eggplant does look like a Tim Burton Gonzo! sounds like a lovely relaxing day.

Cathy B said...

Sounds like you had a lovely day! I didn't even realize that it was an eggplant until you said so!