Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rust Dyeing Progress

Last weekend I unwrapped my pie and muffin pans to see what I got. Things had dried out a bit too much--the layers didn't allow the rain to get inside. Some things were quite wet and some not. Areas in direct contact with the rusty metal were picking up nice color but the other areas are too bare. The top photo is from one of the stacks of pie tins and below is the muffin tins.
I rewrapped them in a different configuration, stacked them back up in the back yard, and plan to water more often this week.

1 comment:

Tommye said...

What at great idea. I like to used old coffee grounds. In fact, I keep a baggie in the freezer just for "distressing". At least once a month I have to remind DH what that baggie is!