Wednesday, January 18, 2012

First 2012 finish

I can't believe it's this far into the year before I've finished a project. Work is taking up far too much of my time and energy!
I finished my hat, based on the pattern by my sister-in-law. I think it's sweet. The pattern called for tassels but I received a pom-pom maker for Christmas so I made pom-poms instead.
But it's a tad to small for my large head. I've promised it to a friend who seemed quite happy.
I really liked making this but I'm not sure about the yarn (a bamboo blend). It's soft but that softness makes it slide off my head (well, that and the fact that it's too small). So, I'm going to try to find the color in a woolier yarn.  I'm itching to start another hat, though, I really enjoyed stitching this pattern.

2 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

Beautiful colour, too!

Lavanda e Lillà said...

Thank you Jana for your visit and your comment. I can imagine the fear! Now it seems all quiet here... Yes, the lace is crochet. I'm happy you like my blog, now I discovered yours! I think this hat is very sweet. It would suit my granddaughter! Un bacio, Claudia