Thursday, February 7, 2013

Getting ready for Valentine's day

I recently found a great website with some lovely party ideas. The Party Artisan has a great post with instructions for making tiny hearts. (Their party ideas are also fun browsing--very colorful and creative.)

I made another tiny pod and filled it with tiny hearts. I love the color of the variegated Sugar 'n Cream yarn but found out when I got home it's a new scented version.

I'm sensitive to scents and I think it reeks. I tried skeining some off and washing it but it only seemed to get worse. Lily said it's only supposed to have a "light scent" when you rub or work with it. Sorry, but just sitting there, it's noticeable. (to me, but, again, I'm sensitive to this kind of thing and so hyper aware of it.) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. Probably send it to the charity shop. I don't want to wash it with my laundry. (It scented the towel I dried it on.) Just a warning.
And more cuteness--a friend sent me this teeny little kit this week (the box is maybe 3" square) with all the makings for a pair of sweet baby booties. What are you making for Valentine's Day this year?

1 comment:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love the tiny hearts. I am wondering why they would decide to scent their yarns....seems unneccesary. Thanks for the warning.
Deb