Friday, January 3, 2014

Last finish of 2013, and first project for 2014

 Hubby helped me take the final "DONE!" portraits of the two baby quilts on New Year's Day. They've been washed and folded ready to send off.  I took the final stitches on the binding at about 9:00 p.m. on New Year's Eve. 
 I really like them.  They're soft and cuddly.
Speaking of cuddly.  I jumped right into a new project...baby hats.  These babies are benefiting from my anxieties...I'm going to have a knee replaced next week (and will be away from blogging for a while).  I'm driving hubby nuts with my anxieties, but it would be a lot worse if I didn't have needlework to keep me focused.  The hats are flannel outside and polar fleece inside. They are sooo soft!  They're nearly done, but I'd like to add a line of running stitched around the edges of each hat--a different color, I think, for each. 

1 comment:

Southpaw Stitcher said...

I'm very impressed with your quilt that's pieced on both sides. Coincidentally, I was finishing a stitching project on New Year's Eve, too. We are certainly "live wires," aren't we? The baby hats are cute. Good luck with your knee!