Monday, January 6, 2014

off for a while

 My good friend Renee passed away last week. I realized I couldn't attend her service because I'll be post knee-replacement surgery.  So for my own memorial, I took advantage of this weekend's huge snowfall to make a snowangel for Renee.  It just felt right. 
 Here's Hubby out shoveling before the temperatures plunged.
 And here's our street, buried in snow.
 I have my first finish for 2014--two baby hats for the coming twins!  I think they're adorable.
And to keep me busy, I took out this crewel project to continue working on.  I hope to get a lot done while I'm recuperating.

I expect to be silent for several weeks at least. See you on the other side.

5 comments:

Jane S. said...

So sorry to hear of the death of your friend. It's never a good time to lose a loved one, but this time of year it seems even worse.

The snow angel was a perfect tribute! Hugs to you.

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Knowing Renee, I'm sure she was looking down on you and laughing. Good luck with your knee replacement. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Jenny Woolf said...

They are adorable! I hope after all this you get to have the surgery tomorrow with the severe weather conditions.

Anonymous said...

Hope you recover swiftly and easily with plenty of time for resting, healing and stitching. Take care!

terryb said...

If you're checking, hope your surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery.