Saturday, June 28, 2014

Books!

 I'm very fond of a French magazine called Quiltmania.  I can generally find the monthly magazine locally, but not their seasonal special issues or their books.  Rather than order them from France, I took the opportunity to pick up some things at the International Quilt Festival.
 Above is a spread and below the cover of a lovely book full of my type of small projects.
 I'm not a fan of beige, usually, for for some reason the Japanese use of it just fascinates me. I want to be able to use color like that. 
 This book was the sample so it was half price.
I was really intrigued by this weekly hexagon project. They're mostly wool and it makes a nice spread with 52 hexagons.

1 comment:

Jenny Woolf said...

If I had that hexagon blanket on my bed I would be so intrigued looking at it that I would not get up till 3 PM!