Thursday, June 26, 2014

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts

I really enjoyed the displays at this year's International Quilt Festival. I took a few photos (in the areas where this was allowed.) This quilt was quite dimensional--see below.
Isn't this lovely?
The detail of this piece, with little teeny fabric pieces, was astounding.
I took this picture to keep as an idea--what if I made my own drawings of my family for a quilt?
Of course, I did some shopping, too.  I got a frame for the Blue Crewel design--I adapted the pattern I made to fit the frame. It's a bit smaller than I'd hoped, but exactly the right shape and color.
I got a couple of kits from Just Another Button Company.  I love working with wool and their kits are quite charming.
The hexie potholder is going to be a gift. The fabric is just 'cause I liked it a lot. And more of my favorite hexagons...this time for a purse in two sizes.
Another Just Another Button Company kit. I got all of the pieces for both kits cut out on the weekend. I was hoping to have time to stitch in the evening this week, but it hasn't happened yet.
One last quilt--this is a tribute quilt from Australia. It was astounding.  I love how the piecing segues into the portrait, done in thread. 

No comments: