Friday, March 21, 2008


I have finished my felt flower purse. It was quick and fun, just what I needed for a dreary month. (As I type this it's snowing hard outside.)

Here are photos of the front and back of the purse. The flowers were from a Bucilla kit for making felt flowers. I used all the scraps and off cuts to make some more.

The top is stiff and secures with snaps and a button. The bottom is big and pouchy and I think it will good for knitting or crochet.

When I was done, I took the time to clean out my pincushion. My sister-in-law gave this to me ages ago and I love it. I needed to replace one of the spools and that's what prompted the task. Plus, so many needles were buried inside that it was dangerous to pick up.

I took all of the needles out and then carefully pushed out all that had wiggled their way inside. I now have loads of needles to use! (it's the sharp ones I use most that disappear first.

The pink heart tassel holds sharp needles, to help keep them from getting lost. The tiny betweens go here.

As I was putting it back together, the white spool jumped off and into the black hole that seems to have developed by my chair. I looked everywhere, moved things, but no white thread was to be found. Oh, well...

Now it's back to the challenges.

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Lovely finish on your bag. The flowers are wonderful!! Job well done : )

Very kewl pincushion!!! I've seen them & would love to make one [one of these days]