Monday, July 14, 2008

Livin' it up!

The big conference has begun and I'm in downtown Chicago. I got here around 4:30 yesterday and immediately began working, straightening out some reservations. My room is lovely, on the 30th floor, with a gorgeous view of the Chicago River and Lake Michigan. I watched the sun come up over the lake this morning.

Yes, I was up and off to work early this morning. The day was bumpy--typical of a big conference. But all in all it went okay.

Before heading down here for the conference, I had a good weekend break. I worked very hard on my journals class--catching up from the week of doing no work on it at all. I did some exercises from week 2 and then began some for week 3 and I also began using the journal to collect some notes and things I wanted to keep and also to make notes on a design I want to do (in the fiber books group on Stitchin' Fingers) but just can't find time for right now. I brought journaling materials with me and hope to get an evening or two in to work on them.

Over the last week or so, I put the finishing touches on the back of June's TIF piece. I'm still working on the front and also thinking about the July piece. I want to do a mossy stone milestone and I think needlefelting might provide just the right look if I felt the green into the gray stone from the back. I'm still not sure what I want my milestone to say. I've been reading others comments on this month's project and as always I've found new things to think about.

After I finish this, I'm going to head for the pool. Woo-hoo!

No comments: