Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shopping

Saturday I was quite proud of myself. I got out early and got a lot done. Along with shopping for necessities, I got to run into Designer's Desk.Here's a photo of the original piece, the ugly mustard felt we'll be making pretty, and the fibers I picked. I had stitched the original puzzle piece project and the later heart project from materials I had on hand, mostly unlabeled. The wonderful staff at Designer's Desk helped me find equivalents so I can begin working on models for the class I have planned for next year. It was just wonderful! Plus, since it was a class and I was buying all the threads there, they gave me a 10% discount. How cool is that?I found these threads in the bargain basement. (Think they'll work for a Japanese thimble??)

I went to three grocery-type stores for some specialty items and Target for cleaning supplies and stuff like toothpaste, in addition to Designer's Desk, plus I got poked for a couple of hours for allergy testing. (dust, dust mites, all sorts of molds and pollens--not much has changed.) I came home and collapsed while dh washed both cars. (It was not warm enough for that, in my opinion, but they were white with road salt.)

5 comments:

Kim B said...

The allergy testing sounds like no fun, but the shopping sounds like a good time!

terryb said...

How did I miss those threads when I was there in January? But I did buy the two books about temaris in the sale room.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Oh, how lucky are you for having such a great local place to get your supplies! I'm green with envy!=)

Love the jigsaw puzzle piece idea, I must incorporate that into something one day too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary said...

I like the puzzle piece.

Anonymous said...

You always seem to find wonderful bargains. I'd love to make those japanese thimbles as well. Is there a class?