Saturday, March 16, 2013

Girlz Day!

This week we had an rather impromptu Girlz Day Out.  World Embroideries and I headed up to the western suburbs for some needlework and other shopping. The weather was nice, if brisk, and we had a lot of fun.
We started at Designer's Desk in Geneva, IL. Most of these fibers were in the bargain basement. The glitzy skein was not a bargain basement pick--it was a splurge at $8.00! I think I'm going to add it as my one fiber in my EGA chapter's mystery project.
After Designer's Desk, we headed up the street to a lovely Victorian house full of goodies: The Paper Merchant. I love the color they chose.
Our yummy sushi lunch was just delivered here. Serendipity happened and we got to meet my sister for lunch. It made my day! I really like relaxing in the serenity of Matsuri restaurant.
After lunch we walked a few doors to The Spice House where I stocked up on a couple of things, including my indulgence in candied ginger.
We left Geneva, talking about all the things we should go back and see another time...there's a lot to see and do there. We made our way to Lamont and Inspired Needle. This is a shop I'd heard a lot about but never made my way to before. It was full of interesting things. I love needlework shops where each time you turn around you spy something really cool.
I fell in love with this little pinkeep.
I made it that evening--how cool is that?
Isn't it sweet?
I got materials for the ANG Blackwork Peonies workshop by mail.
And I found this really cool book of tiny biscornu. I do best with small projects and this fits the bill.

I had a great time just playing all day and came home revitalized and inspired.  You can read more about the visit on World Embroideries' blog.

I spent the last couple of evenings whipping the edges of fabrics--for the Talliferro design I won recently, for the peonies, for the NANI mystery sampler, and for the peonies' sampler/worksheet. I also gathered up my materials and supplies to teach today. World Embroideries and I are reprising our class on the many ways to get designs onto fabric for NANI.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that all looks wonderful - fabulous sushi and all that needlework stuff! The pin keep has worked up brilliantly and I love the little biscornu decorations. :o)