Sunday, March 31, 2013

Finishes and Spring cold

Spring has just barely arrived here. The Vernal Equinox a couple of weeks back, however, arrived with a bang--bad colds for both of us.  We're still getting over it. (Hubby went to bed during the day, multiple times--he never goes to bed during the day!)
 I did get some projects finished while I was just sitting for days on end.  Above is a cross stitch scene--it's the view pretty much from the front door of a friend's home. When I last visited, there were a couple of canal boats there.
 I got this sweet little felt elephant pincushion kit at the 2007 EGA seminar in Chicago. I finally got around to putting him together.  He holds little teeny scissors, a thimble and pins. 
And I finally finished the lining and zipper on my felted sweater recycling project.  I've now used the entire sweater!  
I stitched most of the lining/zipper by hand. I did machine stitch the bias binding and then folded it over the edge and hand-stitched it in place. I'm much happier with the purse with the lining, rather than the open top.  I used a heavy stabilizer in the handle to support it.  

I haven't begun any of my new projects, haven't been doing much of anything. A lot of reading: Ilona Andrews's Kate Daniels series and now Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series. Working away on my endless hexagons for the London quilt. 

Hopefully once Spring really takes hold, and we get over this bug, I'll get my usual enthusiasm back.

1 comment:

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Wonderful finish on your cross-stitch and bag, and that little elephant is so cute! It took a minute for me to figure out that it was a thimble he's holding in his trunk, but what a neat idea! I'm always misplacing mine :)