We stayed home most of this weekend. I was whacked from the busy week and he was not feeling very well. In spite of that, I feel like I got a lot accomplished.
First, I finished the embroidery on the strawberry ring-bearer pillow.
This photo is off angle--I was looking down at it as it stood upright on the frame.
Not only that but I got out the stretcher bars, laced it up nice and taut, and washed and rinsed it. It came out nice and smooth. It's a pain to lace things, it really is, but the results are well worth it. I used dental floss to lace--it's nice and tough and doesn't break and while it's hard to tie into a knot, it's also not round and slippery like thread. It kind of stays where you put it.
And I got out the felt and began to make up the four strawberry dangles for the corners of the pillows. Each is made from a half circle, rolled into a cone, and covered with random detached chain stitches (lazy-daisy stitches). You can see a completed one on my scissors fob. The brown twisted cords will be the stems for the berries. I'll add a green frill.
I'm still debating between box pillow and knife edge and what kind of trim or piping to use on or in the seam.
That's not all I managed this weekend. More to come.