About a week ago, I found this project in my stash. It was packaged in a nice box, with scissors in it that I'd forgotten about. It was begun my a friend, Rita Kortenhoeven, and came to me after she died. It looks to me to be a version of Chottie's Personal Plaid design, done a little differently, and was about 1/4 done. I worked on it and when I picked it up again, it was about 3/4 done. My problem is I never liked the color combination.
But I decided to get it done. So I did. This is the back, I used long arm cross stitch to join the edges. The wool, something I've never seen before, comes in little miniature skeins like knitting yarn. It's 88 line/Trilla. (I have the leftover skeins--if you want them let me know.)
So, now it's done and I can move on. And now that it's all done, I don't have as much of a problem with the colors.
This weekend I began the finishing process for the Shochikubai Japanese embroidery. This is the back, just before beginning.
Here's me steaming it.
And done ready to dry. I have the mounting board ready and hope to lace it on one night this week.