The beaded section is pretty heavy. I strung long strings of mixed beads onto dental floss and then couched them down. It always amazes me how much slack needs to be left for the couching. I didn't use as many beads as I'd expected and still have a lot left over.
The only thing I bought for this project were the clear crystals for the candelabra. Everything else was in my stash!
The backing is glittered felt. I needed it to be sturdy and I thought the glitter fit the theme. The inside support is a piece of Fast-2-Fuse. There are a couple of layers of felt under the smooth piano section of the front so that it ends up level with the beads and not lower.
I made the loops with some gold cording, couched on. I should have couched the cording on before I sewed the backing on. It would have been much easier to couch the little swirls if I could have put the needle straight down. But I managed, although it's not my neatest stitching ever.
I made the inscription with a Sharpie pen.
I've really enjoyed reading everyone else's memories and watching their projects develop.