Tuesday, September 20, 2011

With a Cunning Needle

Kudos to Winterthur for making me feel really great.  A while back Tricia Wilson Nguyen announced that the Plimouth Jacket would be exhibited at Winterthur in the exhibit "With a Cunning Needle." She offered a needlework project as a fundraiser. I decided I didn't want to stitch this one, but did like the idea of the exhibit so I clicked the link Tricia wisely provided and donated some money to the project (not much, but what I could).  The lovely catalog below is, I think, the third item I've received from the museum, in thanks for my donation. I was amazed to receive this exhibit catalog.
This is one of  the inside spreads of the catalog. It's wonderful.
And at the end is a list of donors with my name.  Wow!

No heavy duty solicitations, no cards saying "you gave $10 last time so we'd like you to give $20 this time." If I had any loose change, you can bet it would be going to Winterthur. They've got it right. (and if I can figure a way to get east to this exhibit, I will)

2 comments:

Jenny Woolf said...

What a wonderful bonus. And a beautiful jacket. I hope you get to see it too.

Susan said...

It's only about 4 hours from here-- and we could probably take the train!