Thursday, March 29, 2012

Nearly done and wip

The embroidery and edging are done. While it is still on the frame, I spritzed it with water to dampen it and let it dry, hopefully to remove any wrinkles.  I've been thinking about the best way to make up the pillow, where to place the ribbons for the rings, and how to make sure it's all reversible so I can eventually make it up into a larger cushion.
In the meantime, I've begun a reversible cable knit scarf. I scouted patterns on Ravelry.  This one is about 4-1/2" wide.  It's pretty mindless knitting, so it makes a great carry along project.  (K2P2 with a twist every 6 rows.)
I've also picked up this stocking to work on. The design is preprinted onto the fabric. I'm stitching it using wool (instead of the specified floss), using Medici or Impressions.  It's a bit fiddly (the design elements are teensy) but is a nice change of pace without a lot of decisions to be made.

No comments: