Friday, August 22, 2008

beading fun

I've been singularly unambitious this week, doing nothing much more than flipping through magazines in the evenings. I think it may have something to do with my new blood pressure drug.

I made this necklace last Saturday from stones I'd gotten at the Glass Onion while at my niece's graduation in Appleton, Wisconsin. I finally got out crimps, clasps and wire and made up the necklace. I've worn it most every day this week and really like it. While I was at it, I made up two pairs of earrings--at the bottom of the second picture.

I think of these as Navajo colors: turquoise, coral, black and silver. I may be totally wrong on that but they're colors I've used together since my college days.

I made up this bracelet for a friend while I was at it. I'd hoped to take her out to celebrate her graduation but it didn't happen. It's blue stone beads (some kind of natural crystal) with Swarovski round and bicone crystals.

Stringing beads like this is quite quick once you have all of the components together.

More pictures are on my Flickr site.

3 comments:

Lelia said...

Beautiful beading Marjorie : )

Cindy said...

Very beautiful jewelry!

Unknown said...

These look great.

Sara Hardin