Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still not finishing much

My run of finishing a lot quickly has ended. Mostly because I'm working on more complex things now and also projects that aren't already nearly completed. I made some progress on my pears.I've been feeling a bit disorganized and despite having some time at home this weekend, I'm just feeling a bit discombobulated. So I took an extra hour this morning at home and got some things sorted. I feel much better. And by the time I left, it was bright enough to take some photos of the WIP pears. They're 2/3 of the way done (each stuffed pear will have three panels).So here they are, "paired" off. This has been a great carry along project because I only need to bring one fabric panel at a time, a bit of floss, scissors and a needle.I didn't make it out to see Pat's classroom this weekend; something came up. I did get to lunch with my friends:We visited and caught up with each other's lives (we get together maybe twice a year). Ate ourselves silly. And all in all had a great time.

I also got some time on Sunday to enjoy the sunny and warm weather, read (I'm nearly to the end of Diana Gabaldon's Echo in the Bone--I can't believe it's taken me this long. Usually I sit up all night 'till it's done!) and get the laundry caught up. I also got some time to cook (I cook on weekends). I made chicken-vegetable soup, a pasta dish with white beans, zucchini, spinach, fresh tomatoes and lots of garlic and onions (hubby has a bad cold) over brown-rice pasta, and our standby beef and brown rice oven-bake--with loads of really good fresh kale. Doesn't seem to have helped his cold much but I felt good about doing it.

We've been having a time of it (using my best Royal We here). My handy hubby's fixed the 'fridge (30+ years old) twice now in recent weeks. Yesterday he replaced the motor. There's still one other problem, some frozen back-up inside, that we may need to call service for. When that's not acting up, lately my older car has been (ha! older as in 2001---for us usually older means 15 years old or more!). He replaced the radiator recently--an all day job. Then coming home from embroidery guild on Monday, as I backed up to park there was a really horrible noise in the breaks. When he took the wheel off to look, pieces fell out--big chunks. That's today's repair task with the help of a friend who has the proper (expensive) tool. He's also done some work recently on the washer. I'm not the only thing that's aging around our place!

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

That pear is going to be pretty! Don't you just love Crab-apple Hill patterns?

paula said...

i hope i didn't jinx you with our talk about dying fridges :) paula