Friday, July 30, 2010

Relaxing weekend

I did manage to do more than stitch last weekend as I recuperated from the conference.On Saturday we visited the Brauer Museum of Art at Valparaiso University. Wow! We were blown away by the huge exhibit going on now through August 8 featuring African artifacts. It was almost overwhelming. There was so much to see. Definitely worth a visit if you can get there.On Sunday we went out to Lubeznik gallery. They have several new exhibits worth seeing there.While I was waiting in the car for hubby to take a photo, I spotted these striking leaves and took my own picture. I'm thinking long and short stitch. I never would have done it quite this dramatically.After the doctor's on Monday, we went out to the Hammond Marina to walk along the lakefront. I spotted these flowers on the way.

No comments: