Thursday, July 8, 2010

teaching

I spent most of the holiday weekend finishing up the kitting for the crewel class and working up a couple of teaching samples. Here are the finished kits all piled up (and slipping off the chair). I was proud of the kits.

Teaching the class on Tuesday, not so much. I don't feel bad about what I did, just what I didn't get a chance to get to. I know the window of opportunity at these workshops is very short so I focused on finishing since I knew most of the students were vaguely familiar at least with most of the stitches..

I reviewed the kit contents and instructions quickly and then only talked about finishing. By the time I went around the group, the first people were packing up to leave and I never did get to go on about stitching (oh and I can go on about it!) I tried to make the instructions really complete so they'll be fine on their own, but, still...As part of my working on finishing models, I took lots of photos of the process of making a lined pocket. You can use this same technique for finishing holiday stockings and other open top items. I hope to use the photos to get a short tutorial up soon. I haven't done one lately and want to.

Right now it's all about work and getting ready for 50 conference participants in a week.

No comments: