Friday, October 12, 2012

Homewood Embroiderer's Guild Show

I'm late in posting pictures.  World Embroideries and Southpaw Stitcher both got pictures up fast. Theirs are good, and different, so be sure to check them out.
We had a lovely Autumn themed display.
My Japanese embroidery piece was in the floral themed area.
The Christmas area was quite full.
I think this was my favorite section. Lovely smocked clothing for children and dolls. At the right is the corner of a needlepoint rug.
In addition to our show there was a large quilt show by the Pieces 'n Patches Quilt Guild. They organized it all--I was very impressed. There was a lovely large vendor area, raffle quilt, a silent auction plus loads of hand stitched goodies for sale, lectures, and displays. It took us a while to browse it all on Saturday.

While I was "working" on Sunday, I found more I'd missed the first time. Everyone who paid for entry received their choice of a lovely favor. (Since I brought hubby, I got two! my second one, not shown, is a kit to make an English paper pieced hexagon--which got me thinking along those lines and reminded me of my magazine and inspired me to look for fabric.)
This is a charming little spool holder with a felt for needles.
It was made to hold one large spool of sewing thread, but I used it to hold three small ones for my stitching at the show on Sunday.
I fell in love with these multimedia quilted pictures, some inspired by photographs, by Norma Sherman.

No comments: