Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More birthday

Before the light was gone on Friday, I hurried up and opened a big box that had arrived from a friend about a week before. I was surprised I managed to save it for the day!
It was full of lovely goodies, including these socks and the British fabric, setting the British theme for the gift.  There was some candy (with a view familiar to me on the box which made me smile) and other treats. But the big surprise was this.
I'd been drooling over this Benton & Johnson goldwork kit, one a a series for the Queen's Jubilee, for a while. B&J's is a wonderful place and well worth a visit if you're in London, but it's a bit out of the way and not easy to get to.
The kit has everything from the backing fabric through all of the gold and silver threads. The instructions look really clear and precise. I've been reading about goldwork lately, on The Unbroken Thread blog.  I plan to finish up a few things and then start this project.

No comments: