Friday, August 3, 2012

Woo-hoo!

I did it! I finally completed the EGA's Individual Correspondence Course in Jacobean Crewel. It only took me three-times the estimated time to complete. The letter is really nice and encouraging; I'm thrilled. To top off my excitement, I was invited to exhibit in the Education Show at the National Seminar! I can't get it ready for this year, but hope to do so next year in Louisville.
Here are the pieces I submitted, the main piece above and samplers below. The thick notebook, behind the samplers, includes my required paper, bibliography, and notes and research materials.
This was really fun.

6 comments:

Erica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica said...

Congratulations Marjorie. Well done. I particularly admire the 'big' piece you submitted. Lovely traditional design worked in gorgeous stitches and colours. I hope you enjoyed the journey!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Kudos to you on this special achievement! Well done!

terryb said...

Beautiful job on your crewel work. Congratulations.

coral-seas said...

Congratulations on finishing the course. What a sweet letter, you must be delighted with that response.

Lelia said...

Not sure where my comment went!!!! Anyhow, congrats (again) and did you see these on the EGA blog???

http://www.egausa.org/component/content/article/40-blog/157-jacobean-crewel-bed-hangings.html