I finally finished my Sudoku needlepoint, a project we did with Homewood Embroiderer's Guild last spring. You can see my project changed a lot from my plan, here.
When I selected my colors, I did not see any blue in the variegated I chose for the borders. It looked pastel with aqua, peach, and lilac. Hah! Once I began stitching it looked very bright and didn't go at all with the colors I'd selected using the skein. And there was a lot of blue in it.
So I ditched my plan and did a study in blue denim colors. It was fun to play with the colors and fibers. I used a whole bunch of unlabelled odds and ends plus two shades of DMC Perle, one of Matte 18, three of DMC floss, silver DMC metallic, silver Kreinik metallic braid #8, stranded and some rather thick silk, one of each, a couple of shades of Medici and and one crewel wool, and one Flower Thread. It made for an interesting mix.
I finished it in time for Homewood's fall meeting, when we start our year. We have some lovely projects coming up this year.
This week was our anniversary. Can you believe 36 years!