Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Japanese Embroidery

This week I'm officially on vacation, but since I'm organizing a conference for Friday and Saturday, I can't really completely skip work. But during the days I'm having loads of fun attending our Japanese Embroidery Studio. Today I counted about 1-1/2 hours of serious stitching but, even so, I learned so much by being with the group!
I'm still working on my fan (I put it away in early June because of the heavy summer workload), but I'm thinking ahead, planning a bit for the coming phases.
Today after class we took a short field trip (less than a mile) to the Japanese Garden on Wooded Isle behind the Museum of Science and Industry.
I've long known it was there but couldn't figure out how to get into it. A classmate's husband guided us. This is an awesome place. I can't wait to bring hubby there.
My teacher, Karen Plater.

2 comments:

LilyStitch said...

Hello Karen! This is Christa waving.

coral-seas said...

Pleased you are getting some stitching time this week. What a wonderful garden. A great place to find inspiration for your stitching should you ever need it.