Friday, July 1, 2011

Crewel Friday--it's done!

The front:This project was a bumpy one from start to finish. I don't know why--this is the third kit I'd done by Lorraine of Capri. The fabric on this project is darker than the others and I didn't like the way it showed through some of the stitching, so I did some ripping and padding. Other than that the kits were all very similar. It's done. The silk cording wouldn't twist properly. My third try is still a bit uneven. I measured twice but the book itself isn't quite square. The felt "pages" wouldn't lay straight so I trimmed them and now they're a bit wobbly, too.

The back. I do like the little blue button I found in my stash.The entire outside. (this photo is distorted by the camera angle--it's not quite square but it's not this far off.)and inside, with nifty pockets for needle packets and wool pages.Last, here's the finished needlebook with it's companion pincushion. I finished the pincushion with no problems at all in January 2010. I'm happy with how the needlebook turned out but I'm still a bit baffled by how difficult it was.(Although I have found over the years that the minute I get cocky about my embroidery, I come across a project like this that makes me realize how much I have yet to learn.)

3 comments:

lifemyway said...

The colors are lovely. Your work is so neat. I love the pattern.

Lelia said...

fantastic! job well done ; )

underatopazsky said...

In spite of being tricky it does look lovely completed and especially next to the matching pincushion. Well done for persevering!!